As exclusive IT consultancy, we provide innovative IT services and powerful software technology solutions for market-leading enterprise clients. We specialize in the most advanced tech stack projects, and enjoy a reputation for consistently providing our clients with the competitive edge they need to shape their digital future. beON is characterized by a flat and agile structure with an international as well as modern corporate culture. The company is headquartered in Kiel, Germany with additional offices, project and/or training centres in Düsseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Lisbon as well as Hyderabad (India). We value the collaboration with our employees. No matter where you are, you will be part of an engaged and diverse tech community with plenty of development & learning opportunities.
Benefits: you earn & learn
If you’re ready to take on responsibility, you’ve come to the right place. Your experience matters at beON. You will receive above-average financial compensation in form of salary & benefits, job stability and motivating incentives.
There will be plenty of professional development & learning opportunities. Not only will you keep up to date with the latest tech stack, but you will also have the opportunity to develop individually through the guidance of your own team of experts and in learning from external sources. In your career with us, you can constantly expand your own area of responsibility and work creatively as well as independently. You will have access to the tools and resources you need to succeed. A continuous learning curve is guaranteed.
In addition to exciting career prospects, we offer you the flexibility with a hybrid working model to create a work-life balance tailored to your needs. You will be immersed in an appreciative environment that focuses on transparency, fairness and enjoyment at work. The positive atmosphere in the company is usually reinforced by voluntary team events such as joint lunches and after work drinks, sailing, lake festivals, Oktoberfest and shared skiing. In times of pandemic, the possibility of working remote from home protects your health and safety.
- Type of employment: permanent fixed-term contract
- Workload: full-time
- Places of work: remote, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Berlin
- Languages: English and German
- Start: as soon as possible
- Salary: Salary range is open upwards with additional bonus opportunities and salary increases, depending on the candidate’s experience
– As a Java Developer with a specialisation in Microservices & Kafka, you will be responsible for delivering highly scalable and complex microservices in our agile team culture
– As part of the company`s most innovative tech team, you will use innovative technologies and the latest tools and methodologies (learning matters)
– Within your team, you will take ownership of your work and maintain perspective (You build it, you run it)
– You enjoy exploring different technologies and choosing the best tools for the IT project (languages, libraries, platforms)
– Extensive experience with Java and Java frameworks, such as Spring Boot
– Experience with distributed systems using microservices and service-oriented architectures with RESTful APIs
– Sound knowledge of technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search
– Experience with stream processing frameworks (e.g. Kafka Streams, Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm)
– Experience with software build tools (ANT, Maven, Gradle, NPM, Rake, Make etc.) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI etc.)
– Experience with Continuous Delivery and Containerization using tools such as Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift deployment or similar, as well as running scalable applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS
– Experience in software development and automation to run big data systems
– Experience with monitoring tools and logging systems such as NewRelic, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus and Graylag
– Ability to communicate technical ideas in a business-friendly language
– Excellent communication skills in English; German would be an asset
– Knowledge of RDBMS (such as PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data stores, such as Kafka, Redis and Elasticsearch, with a good understanding of the deployment and availability guarantees
– Knowledge in authentication mechanism with OAuth and knowledge of Vert.x framework would be an asset
If we have gained your interest, we look forward to receiving your application with an up-to-date CV. We know that you are very busy and therefore do not expect a cover letter. Please use the job title “Java Developer – Consultant” in the subject line of your application.
We look forward to receiving your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org