As exclusive IT consultancy, we provide innovative IT services and powerful software technology solutions for market-leading enterprise clients. We specialize in the most advanced tech stack projects, and enjoy a reputation for consistently providing our clients with the competitive edge they need to shape their digital future. beON is characterized by a flat and agile structure with an international as well as modern corporate culture. The company is headquartered in Kiel, Germany with additional offices, project and/or training centres in Düsseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Lisbon as well as Hyderabad (India). We value the collaboration with our employees. No matter where you are, you will be part of an engaged and diverse tech community with plenty of development & learning opportunities.
Benefits: you earn & learn
If you’re ready to take on responsibility, you’ve come to the right place. Your experience matters at beON. You will receive above-average financial compensation (salary & benefits), job stability and motivating incentives.
There will be plenty of professional development & learning opportunities. Not only will you keep up to date with the latest tech stack, but you will also have the opportunity to develop individually through the guidance of your own team of experts and in learning from external sources. In your career with us, you can constantly expand your own area of responsibility and work creatively as well as independently. You will have access to the tools and resources you need to succeed. A continuous learning curve is guaranteed.
In addition to exciting career prospects, we offer you the flexibility to create a work-life balance tailored to your needs. You will be immersed in an appreciative environment that focuses on transparency, fairness and enjoyment at work. The positive atmosphere in the company is usually reinforced by voluntary team events such as joint lunches, sailing, lake festivals, Oktoberfest and shared skiing. In times of pandemic, the possibility of working remote from home protects your health.
- Type of employment: permanent unlimited
- Workload: flexible: either full-time or part-time
- Place of work: Hybrid! Remote in combination with office time in Düsseldorf, Munich, Berlin and/or Kiel
- Languages: German and/or English
- Start: as soon as possible
- Salary: The salary is highly competitive and the range is open upwards with additional bonus opportunities as well as salary increases depending on the experience and expertise of the candidates
As Cloud Architect, you will design, build and maintain cloud infrastructures for companies. You will manage architecture for private clouds or hybrid environments where some applications are hosted inside company walls while others reside outside of them in public or private clouds. You will design and deploy solutions based on various deployment models in the cloud for easy maintenance, scalability and portability. This includes choosing the best technologies for the client company, scaling up or down to handle different loads. You will work on the newest tech stack projects from the ground up or with existing data centres to make them more efficient through scaling out, auto-scaling and automation services as well as data security. You fully participate in beON’s next gen cloud center of excellence influencing its strategic direction in collaboration with our senior managers and solution architects to integrate existing assets from a range of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and microservice environments.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and various deployment models such as public, private, or hybrid cloud
- Strong communication skills for designing blueprints of logical architectural models that can be translated into physical designs as well as the ability to effectively communicate the rationale behind architectural decisions to a broad set of stakeholders
- Experience leading high performing teams in the creation of ‘cloud first’ technology solutions
- Experience of advising clients on cloud service models post migration/transformation and ongoing application as well as infrastructure support & maintenance models
- Experience designing or deploying network infrastructures: how data enters a company’s system with subnets and virtual local area networks (VLANs), what happens when that traffic hits an intranet router, where it might go once inside the firewall, and more importantly – they’ll have experience building out these systems.
- Knowledge of computing power of different processors and GPUs including the various workloads running in the environment to ensure getting enough resources allocated appropriately
- Experience designing or deploying storage infrastructures and knowledge where data can be stored in-house on servers or on public cloud providers
- Experience designing or deploying networks and protocols such as TCP/IP including familiarity with data encryption standards and routing, switching and firewall technologies
- Knowledge of storage technologies like storage virtualization and replication as well as backup and recovery to ensure data is safe even when it’s accessed from multiple locations and devices
- Experience designing or deploying application infrastructures: skilled at testing for performance bottlenecks—such as slow response times on web servers due to inadequate bandwidth speed—and recommending appropriate changes such as adding RAM or moving service providers
- Practical understanding of security principles like authentication methods (e.g. passwords, tokens) and encryption standards for data in transit
- Experience designing or deploying a disaster recovery strategy: how to plan for disasters such as power outages and natural events (like earthquakes or floodings) by keeping multiple copies of backup data securely stored offsite
- Knowledge of server virtualization: knowledge about the different types of hypervisors available on the market today including VMware ESXI, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and more. In addition, experience in building out servers using these products – and troubleshooting them when something goes wrong
- Knowledge with managing large-scale data center infrastructure deployments including product knowledge like Cisco Nexus switches, Arista and Juniper routers, and IDC backbone networks
- Knowledge in development: good understanding of how to work with the latest computing languages – including Python and Ruby on Rails – as well as frameworks for cloud applications such as Apache Hadoop
- Ability to write effective documentation: ability to write documentation that’s clear and easy for other people in the organization—from developers to executives to understand
- Practical understanding of technical security principles: how various types of malware present on an endpoint might be detected through antivirus software or sandboxing techniques
- Knowledge of all aspects of building an application infrastructure including how to best utilize storage technologies like object storage systems (e.g. Azure, AWS) and databases such as MySQL/Oracle and operating systems such as Windows, Linux.
- Certifications from key cloud providers with Azure or GCP or AWS
- Knowledge with DevOps, DevSecOps, SysOps, CI/CD systems and code repository technologies
- Knowledge with containerisation and orchestration.
- Knowledge of InfoSec controls such as web application firewalls, MFA, reverse proxy, logging and IAM
If we have gained your interest, we look forward to receiving your application with an up-to-date CV. We know that you are very busy and will not request a cover letter. Please use the job title “Cloud Architect” in the subject of your email application.
We look forward to receiving your message at the following email address: email@example.com