As an exclusive IT consultancy for top customers, we provide innovative IT services and high-performance technology solutions. We specialize in the most advanced digital projects and enjoy the reputation of always providing our customers with the decisive competitive edge for shaping their future. Our company is characterized by a flat and agile structure with an international as well as modern culture. The company is headquartered in Kiel, Germany with offices and/or training centres in Düsseldorf, Vienna and Hyderabad (India). Our employees are the source of our success, and we value collaboration. No matter where you are, you will be part of a dedicated, diverse community and you will be able to develop your full potential.
If you are ready to take on responsibility, you have come to the right place and you will receive above-average financial rewards, training and support. Not only will you keep up to date with the latest technology, but you will also have the opportunity to develop individually. In your career with us, you can constantly expand your own area of responsibility and work creatively and independently. A continuous learning curve is guaranteed. In addition to exciting professional perspectives, we offer a healthy work-life balance and motivating incentives. You will be immersed in an appreciative environment that focuses on transparency, fairness and fun at work. The positive atmosphere in the company is usually reinforced by team events such as sailing, lake festivals, Oktoberfest and shared skiing. In times of pandemic, the possibility of working from home protects your health.
- Type of employment: permanent fixed-term contract
- Workload: full-time
- Places of work: remote, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Berlin
- Languages: German and English
- Start: as soon as possible
- Salary: The salary range is open upwards with additional bonus opportunities and salary increases, depending on the candidate’s experience
- As Kafka Consultant, you will be responsible for the administration and deployment of customized and advanced event streaming platforms based on Apache Kafka, current industry standards and using the latest tools and methods.
- You are in contact with your customer and are responsible for the preparation, planning, migration, control, monitoring and implementation of highly scalable event streaming platforms or Kafka projects and for comprehensive customer consulting on the current state of these technologies.
- As a Consultant for Big Data Management and Stream Processing, your goal is to implement the design and architectures for streaming platforms and stream processing use cases using open source and cloud tools.
- Completed studies or comparable training with a technical background
- Sound experience and knowledge in Java
- Experience with Kafka or similar large-scale distributed data systems
- Experience in software development and automation to run big data systems
- Experience with implementing complex solutions for Big Data and Data Analytics applications
- Knowledge in system deployment and container technology with building, managing, deploying and release managing Docker containers and container images based on Docker, OpenShift and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge in developing resilient scalable distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Experience with at least one of the distributed technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, CockroachDB, HDFS, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with at least one of the stream processing frameworks (e.g. Kafka Streams, Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm)
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) using Jenkins, Maven, Automake, Make, Grunt, Rake, Ant, GIT, Subversion, Artefactory and Nexus.
- Understanding of SDLC processes (Agile, DevOps), Cloud Operations and Support (ITIL) Service Delivery
- Knowledge in authentication mechanism with OAuth, knowledge of Vert.x and Spring Boot
- Knowledge in SQL Azure, AWS development and cloud migration to one of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and/or Hybrid/Private Cloud; as well as cloud-native end-to-end solutions, especially their key building blocks, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Experience with monitoring tools and logging systems such as NewRelic, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus and Graylag
- Ability to communicate technical ideas in a business-friendly language
- Interest in modern organizational structure and an agile working environment (SCRUM)
- Customer-oriented and enjoy working in an international environment in German and English
If we have gained your interest, we look forward to receiving your application with an up-to-date CV. We know that you are very busy and therefore do not expect a cover letter. Please use the job title “Kafka Consultant” in the subject line of your application.
We look forward to receiving your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org