As exclusive IT consultancy, we provide innovative IT services and powerful software technology solutions for market-leading enterprise clients. We specialize in the most advanced tech stack projects, and enjoy a reputation for consistently providing our clients with the competitive edge they need to shape their digital future. beON is characterized by a flat and agile structure with an international as well as modern corporate culture. The company is headquartered in Kiel, Germany with additional offices, project and/or training centres in Düsseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Lisbon as well as Hyderabad (India). We value the collaboration with our employees. No matter where you are, you will be part of an engaged and diverse tech community with plenty of development & learning opportunities.
Benefits: you earn & learn
If you’re ready to take on responsibility, you’ve come to the right place. Your experience matters at beON. You will receive above-average financial compensation in form of salary & benefits, job stability and motivating incentives.
There will be plenty of professional development & learning opportunities. Not only will you keep up to date with the latest tech stack, but you will also have the opportunity to develop individually through the guidance of your own team of experts and in learning from external sources. In your career with us, you can constantly expand your own area of responsibility and work creatively as well as independently. You will have access to the tools and resources you need to succeed. A continuous learning curve is guaranteed.
In addition to exciting career prospects, we offer you the flexibility with a hybrid working model to create a work-life balance tailored to your needs. You will be immersed in an appreciative environment that focuses on transparency, fairness and enjoyment at work. The positive atmosphere in the company is usually reinforced by voluntary team events such as joint lunches and after work drinks, sailing, lake festivals, Oktoberfest and shared skiing. In times of pandemic, the possibility of working remote from home protects your health and safety.
- Type of employment: permanent employment contract (German labour law)
- Workload: Full-time
- Project location: remote or hybrid (beON Office in Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Language: English; German would be an asset
- Start: as soon as possible
- Salary: The salary range is open at the top depending on the experience of the candidates with additional bonus and salary increase options
As Head of Centre of Excellence DevOps, you will be responsibled to lead and shape the company’s approach to agile DevOps transformation. You will be providing highly scalable, complex DevOps solutions that are used as best practice solutions in various industries by top customers. You will use innovative technologies and the latest tools and methods.
You will lead a team of highly skilled DevOps experts. In addition to technical leadership responsibility and resource management, you will be responsible for the targeted personal, methodological and technical personnel development of the team. Your team of experts, developers and operations teams will create, test, deploy and monitor applications quickly, with high quality and in a controlled manner.
- Completed studies in a technical field
- Committed team leader who always prioritises the customer service idea
- Consulting experience with the ability to propose competitive and innovative technical solutions and decisions, obtain the customer’s approval and implement commitments
- Communication skills to present technical ideas in a business-friendly language
- Enjoy working in a modern organisational structure and in an agile work environment (SCRUM)
- Experience in managing a full set of activities related to project implementation in an organisation, such as SOW negotiations, project initiation, customer management, project execution and implementation
- Experience with successful DevOps transformation and/or cloud migration to one of the AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Hybrid/Private Cloud
- Understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, key building blocks, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Understanding of SDLC processes (Agile, DevOps), Cloud Operations and Support (ITIL) Service Delivery with the practical ability to implement best practices or propose improvements
- Development of automation services and platforms for the creation of CI/CD pipelines and platforms for development services with various DevOps tools
- Architecting IaaS, PaaS, CaaS and SaaS-based distributed landscapes on the AWS or AZURE product portfolio
- Experience in Linux / Unix administration including IaC
- Experience in configuration management (e.g. with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform), programming (Java, Ruby, Python or others) and database knowledge (SQL, MySQL, NoSql)
- Experience in container technology, system provision (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery leveraging Jenkins, Maven, Automake, Make, Grunt, Rake, Ant, GIT, Subversion, Artefactory and NexusExperience in monitoring tools and logging systems like NewRelic, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus
Please contact us
If we have gained your interest, we look forward to receiving your application with a current CV. Please use the job title “Head of Centre of Excellence DevOps” in the subject line of your application. We look forward to your application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com