In the area of data protection, the unified standards of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) have been applicable throughout Europe since 25 May 2018. In the following data protection information, we will inform you about the processing of personal data by beON consult GmbH, Kiellinie 85, 24105 Kiel (Germany) (“beON,” and/or “we,” and/or the “Controller”) in accordance with the GDPR and the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (the Federal Data Protection Act (“BDSG 2018”). This policy refers to all parties who provide any amount of information to us.
Name and contact data of the processing Controller
Collection and storage of personal data and purpose and legal basis of data processing
We only process necessary data. By submitting your documents, you give your consent to processing your personal data and images you provide us with, e. g. for the purpose of our personnel selection procedure. Your data will not be passed on to third parties without your prior consent. The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. As soon as you contact or mandate us, we collect the following information that may include general personal data (name, address, contact details, etc.), information on your professional qualifications and education, information on further professional training and other provided information. In accordance with Art. 88 DSGVO in conjunction with Section 26 BDSG-neu, we may process the personal data you have already provided as part of an application procedure for the purposes of the employment relationship, insofar as this is necessary for the commencement, performance or termination of the employment relationship or for the exercise or fulfillment of the rights and obligations of the employee representative body resulting from a law agreement, a company or service agreement. This may include other data required for the fulfillment of contractual, accounting and tax obligations (bank details, health insurance, social security insurance, tax data, etc.).
We will process your personal data as required, for the following purposes in particular:
- To process your application, inclusive checking your qualifications and skills regarding your suitability for the job you applied for, to communicate with you, to run valuation instruments, for organization and reimbursement of required journeys;
- For legal documentation purposes, to ensure compliance with legal documentation and retention requirements;
- To comply with compliance and legal requirements, in particular for monitoring and verification of the compliance with our internal guidelines and standards, and to ensure our legal and official regulations and requirements are complied with;
- In the context of disputes and the assertion of claims including the support during processing and solution od disputes, to follow orders from court, authorities or other public bodies, the enforcement of our contractual agreements, and for the statement, exercise or defending of legal claims.
We process your personal data for these purposes on the basis of the following legal bases:
- According to Art. 6 (1) b GDPR in connection with § 26 section 1 (1) of the Federal Data Protection Act for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship;
- According to Art. 6 (1) c GDPR to the extent to which we are subject to a legal obligation
- According to Art. 6 (1) f GDPR for the protection of our legitimate interests unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the person concerned prevail
- According to Art. 6 (1) a GDPR provided you have given your express consent to the processing of your personal data.
Without this data, we are as a rule unable to take your job application into consideration and potentially enter into or maintain an employment relationship with you. It is possible that we process data that is not collected directly from you, but for example from third parties, from publicly accessible sources or from other data subjects.
Communication and receiver of your personal data
Your personal data will be processed regularly by our human resources department and the corresponding department in the context of the relevant procedure. Under certain circumstances, we may be entitled to forward your personal data to the following recipients:
- To service providers (so called processors) who have been commissioned by us to process personal data for the aforementioned purposes on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. In this case, we have taken appropriate security precautions to ensure that these service providers also comply with data protection regulations;
- To third parties who process your personal data in their own name, but in connection with a service that we provide or use for the aforementioned purposes;
- To public or government bodies such as regulatory authorities or courts where we are required by applicable laws and regulations to disclose your personal information;
- Otherwise, we will only pass on your personal data if you give us your express consent.Transferring your personal data to a recipient in a third country (outside the European Union and the European Economic Area) is not intended.
Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
Within beON consult GmbH, employees may process your data if they are required in order to comply with our contractual, statutory and supervisory obligations and to protect legitimate interests. Third parties may also obtain personal data for these purposes, this includes processors, for example in the category of tax services.
Storage and storage period of your personal data
The personal data sent to us (documents and text contents) are stored for processing in our computer centres, all of which are located in Germany.
Your personal data will be deleted if this is no longer appropriate for the permitted purposes or if you withdraw your consent (if applicable) and we are not legally obliged or otherwise entitled to further store such personal data. We store your personal data in particular if this requires the assertion or defence of legal claims until the end of the respective storage period or until the settlement of the relevant claims. After completion of the application process, your application data will be deleted regularly after six months in accordance with the statutory provisions.
If, in special cases, we wish to store your personal data beyond this period in order to be able to contact you again at a later point in time, we will obtain your consent in advance.
Your data protection rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right of access according to Art. 15 GDPR: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether your personal data will be processed.
- Right to correction according to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to deletion according to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to have your personal data deleted immediately, unless one of the reasons for exclusion according to Art. 17 (1) a-f GDPR applies.
- Right to limitation of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of processing if one of the conditions set out in Art. 18 (1) a-d GDPR is met.
- Right to data transferability according to Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to have your personal data transferred to a third party if one of the reasons mentioned in Art. 20 (1) a or b GDPR applies.
- Right to object to the processing according to Art. 21 GDPR: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which takes place on the basis of Art. 6. (1) e or f.
- Right of withdrawal according to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, provided that the data processing is based on your declaration of consent.
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GDPR: You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.